LOUISVILLE, Ky. – Conference realignment is back again in full swing. A lot less than 12 months immediately after Texas and Oklahoma introduced last summer that they would be leaving the Significant 12 for the SEC, USC and UCLA are now bolting from the Pac-12 to the Major Ten.
Though we have reached a keeping sample when it arrives to convention realignment information, it appears to be that it is only a make a difference of time prior to extra moves get location. The SEC and the Huge Ten are perfectly en route to getting two super-conferences, though the ACC, Major 12 and Pac-12 are fighting just to continue to keep up
There have been rumors aplenty with regards to who will be the upcoming to be a part of the SEC and Massive 10 arms race, but which colleges are basically the most attractive for convention realignment purposes?
Athletics Illustrated‘s Pat Forde sought to solution this concern, not long ago releasing “Desirability Ratings” for every single college. This components measuring the convention worth of each individual Energy 5 college based on five things:
- Soccer ranking: “a five-yr ordinary of the Sagarin scores from 2017 to ’21, utilizing only the existing and long run Electrical power 5 educational facilities”
- Educational rating: “the most new U.S. New & Earth Report’s countrywide universities rankings, unveiled in 2021”
- All-sports rating: “the Learfield Directors’ Cup Division I standings for the 2021-2022 educational yr, which charges functionality in 19 athletics”
- Soccer attendance: “an regular of dwelling-match attendance from 2017 to ’21, tossing out ’20 due to the fact that period was intensely impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic”
- Broadcast viewership: “overall range of football online games that drew a person million or extra viewers from 2017 to ’21”
Putting all of these metrics jointly, Louisville ranks just 55th out of 69 Electricity 5 faculties. The Cardinals are ranked 53rd in soccer, tied for 65th in teachers, 33rd in all sporting activities, 44th in attendance and tied for 45th in viewership.
Scroll to Continue
Louisville ranks as the third-least expensive ACC faculty, ahead of only Syracuse at No. 60 and Boston University at No. 62. Clemson potential customers the meeting at No. 16 while Ohio Condition, Michigan, Notre Dame, Texas and Georgia make up the top rated 5.
Unsurprisingly, the SEC qualified prospects the pack in common school position when taking into account long term membership, coming in at 25.1. The Large Ten is appropriate powering them at 25.8, with the ACC at 39.6, the Pac-12 at 41.4 and Large 12 at 49.3.
(Picture of Cardinal Stadium: Matt McGavic – Louisville Report)
You can adhere to Louisville Report for upcoming protection by liking us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram:
You can also stick to Deputy Editor Matthew McGavic at @Matt_McGavic on Twitter