Team news, stats and how to follow Rangers vs Celtic on Sunday, live on Sky Sports.
Rangers vs Celtic – Sunday, 12pm, live on Sky Sports from 11am
Team news: Rangers striker Alfredo Morelos will miss Sunday’s cinch Premiership clash against Celtic at Ibrox.
The Colombia forward was sent home early from international duty due to a thigh muscle issue and Gers boss Giovanni Van Bronckhorst confirmed he will miss the next couple of weeks at least.
Attacker Ianis Hagi remains on the sidelines with a long-term knee injury.
Celtic will have Kyogo Furuhashi available for the first time since the Japan forward aggravated a hamstring injury on Boxing Day.
Tom Rogic is also in contention after shaking off the knock that forced him to drop out of the Australia squad.
Daizen Maeda has also shaken off fitness concerns to leave James Forrest the only absentee for the leaders as he nurses a minor leg muscle problem.
- Rangers have won each of their last three home league matches against Celtic; the Gers haven’t won four home Old Firm derbies in a row in the league since April 1998.
- Celtic won the last Scottish Premiership Old Firm derby 3-0 in February, scoring as many goals in that match as their previous six league meetings with Rangers combined beforehand (three). The Hoops last won back-to-back league games against Rangers in September 2018 under Brendan Rodgers (run of three).
- Celtic’s last win away from home to the reigning champions in the Scottish top-flight came back in January 2011, a 2-0 victory over Rangers under Neil Lennon; Celtic have lost each of their last three visits to Ibrox against Rangers when the Gers were the title-holders.
- This will be Giovanni van Bronckhorst’s first home Old Firm derby as Rangers manager; three of the last four Rangers managers to face Celtic at home in the league lost their first such fixture, the only exception being the last boss Steven Gerrard, who won his first in December 2018.
- Rangers remain unbeaten in their last 35 home league matches (W31 D4) since a 0-1 defeat to Hamilton in March 2020.
- Celtic are unbeaten in their last 25 league games (W21 D4), including 13 away from home (W11 D2). It’s the club’s longest unbeaten league run since they went 56 without defeat from May 2016 to December 2017.
- Aaron Ramsey scored in his first league start for Rangers against Dundee last time out. The last player to score in both of his first two Scottish Premiership starts for the club was Jermain Defoe in February 2019, while the last player to score in his first league Old Firm derby appearance for Rangers was Joe Garner in September 2016.
- Reo Hatate was directly involved in all three of Celtic’s goals against Rangers in their 3-0 win over them in February (two goals, one assist); the last Celtic player to score in both of his first two Scottish Premiership Old Firm derbies for the club was Odsonne Édouard in April 2018.
How to follow: Watch Rangers vs Celtic live on Sky Sports Main Event and Sky Sports Football, or follow in our dedicated live match blog featuring in-game highlights. Full match highlights will also be published on the Sky Sports digital platforms and the Sky Sports Football YouTube channel later that evening.