Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) runner Cynthia Chepngeno and Kericho’s Edwin Bett were being the winners of 10km ladies and adult men races in the course of the initial leg of Athletics Kenya Cross state championships held this morning in Machakso County.
It was also the ideal place Grace Loibach and Ismail Kirui gained the 6km junior women of all ages and 8km junior guys respectively.
Best six finishers
6km junior women
- Grace Loibach (Iten)- 19:12.6
- Mirriam Chemutai (Lemotit)- 19:292
- Joyce Chepkemoi (Lemotit) 19:40.9
- Mirriam Chelkirui (Nakuru)- 19:46.9
- Yvone Chepchirchie (MFAE) 19:51.1
- Janet Chepkoech (Iten)- 19:51.6
8km junior men
- Ismail Kurui (Torongo)- 22:46.6
- Raphael Dabash (Njoro)- 22:59.3
- Richard Etir (CZ) 23:05.
- Clinton Kimutai (Keringet)- 23:09.4
- Emmanuel Yegon (Silibwet)- 23:12.6
- Stephen Muthini (Ndumbi)- 23:13.5
10km senior ladies
- Cynthia Chepngeno (KDF)- 33:48.8
- Esther Borura (KDF) 34:01.1
- Immaculate Onyango (Iten)- 34:19.3
- Teresa Cherotich (Lemotit)- 34:33.4
- Anjelina Nadai (Refugee)- 34:42.
- Judy Kemboi (Iten)- 34:20.5
10km senior gentlemen
- Edwin Bett (Kericho)- 28:48.7
- Reuben Longosiwa (West Pokot)- 28:51.2
- Isaac Kibet (Mt Elgon)- 29:03.9
- Wesly Ledama (Narok)- 29:16.
- Kimakal Kipsambu (Torongo) 29:20.6
- Kipkorir Kip (Nairobi)- 29:20.6
Overall Sights: 1199 ,